Friday, November 25, 2005

Computrainer

I broke out the Computrainer today. I did a 15.5 mile ride. It was only 45 min, plus I did 5 more minutes for cool-down. I know 50 min is a warm up on trainer for Big Zach, but I can' t ride trainer for too long. Computrainer makes it easier (time go faster), but man it still sucks. I wanted to ride Boltinghouse Hill today, but it was 15* when I got up and it's 17* now. It will be a cold ride to work. I averaged 168 watts, which is 10-20w lower than a normal outside ride (in Muncie anyway) for me but who cares, it's almost December.
We had a nice Thanksgving in Frankfort. Food was great. I brought home crazy mad leftovers for sandwiches; should be good stuff.
I ordered some Rock-n-Roll grease and lubes for bikes the other day. It's supossed to be the best stuff there is. I need to overhaul my road bike sometime in the next month or so, and I want to use good stuff to do it. I have 3 different greaes for different applications and two different lubes (one's a lube, one's an oil) for different apps. One grease is for packing loose bearings, one for non bearing but moving parts (cartridge bearings, hub pawls, etc.) and one for non moving parts (threads, etc). Sounds involved, but high end bikes require specific care to work to their potential.
Planned day off bike tomorrow to rest for CX race Sunday in Indy. It's supossed to rain Sunday, so it may be a bust. We'll see.

No comments: