Sunday, November 27, 2005

KOA cross Indy

Cyclocross today at the KOA Campground in Indy. It was raining, either light or steady, the whole time. This was part of the Ohio Valley CX sereis, which means there are a ton more people there than usual. I got a crap start and was pretty far back at the beginning. After the first lap I was a t the back of group of probably 6-10 people, so I broke away from that group and no one reacted, so I was alone to catch more people in front of me. I was catching and passing people and I saw my sereis adversary on the horizon. I opened it up another notch when he was in my sight and passed him. It's the first time i've beaten him. I got 13th, but was beaten by 11 Ohio or Kentucky guys, and 1 IN guy who is a fast Expert and a 3 on road, so he was totally sandbagging. So if this woul hav been a "normal' IN sereis race, I would have won. Some of these Ohio/Kentucky guys train all year for CX, so they're super fast. I'm happy with my 13th, given the circumstances.

No comments: