Sunday, November 06, 2005

Major Tayor CX

Raced CX @ MAjor Taylor Velodrome today. What a hard course. It starts on the track an dodes a lap on the track. That's cool in and of itself, riding on the track even if it is on a cross bike. Anyway, the course has two run ups (one a no questions asked run up and the other would probably be ridable if I had more gear [I have a single 46t ring on front and a 12-25 in back]). The backside of the course has a long road section accented by a heavy tailwind today. After that though, is a pretty long grass section back into the same wind, only headwind this time. It was in the grass section on (I think) the 3rd lap that I inadvertantly attacked (took the pull and dropped the group of about 5) and rode myself into 2nd place. The leader was, for all practical purposes, uncatchable. So I'll take the 2nd. It was a cool day, no real sun to speak of and a damp course. It's a hard course anyway, but this made for a punishing 45min.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

2nd place... Nice Job