Thursday, November 17, 2005

A new low

I've reached a new low, temp. in which I've ridden, that is. Last winter Shane and I went out on a Sunday for an hour in 22-24*. Today it was 16-18*. True, November cold is different than JAn cold, but I still can't feel my feet.
The whole time I was out I was wondering: is there cycling in the Secial Olympics becasue I have to about be retarded to be out here.
I got a pair of Pearl Izumi Amfib tights and they're awesome. This is the coldest I will be out, realistically, and my legs were fine. I also got a pair of the wind block Pittards PI gloves w/ the cotton glove liners PI makes. Wore together it's a good combo for cold ass stuff like today. With a long sleeved base layer, a short sleeved jresy, long sleeved insulated jersey and my C-Dale water proof jacket, I was actually not too cold. My feet did get chilled. I owre a pair of summer socks under a piar of longer wool socks (assos), shoes and booties. That's just the way it goes, I can't were much more down there.
The Ride:
Yesterday I talked myself into riding trainer today. Later yesterday I talked myself into riding road. This morning me and my desktop weather tool talked me out of riding road, but into riding cross. I rode over to the football stadium and did some cross laps. It was actually good practice. There a lot of parking barricades to dismount and jump, grass hills to ride up (think of the one they sit on in Breaking Away) and staris to run up/down carrying the bike. I may make a weekly thing out of that. Other than looking like a tool jumping over stuff carrying your bike, it's a good time.
Gonna munch on some grindage then get to work.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Damm, it was cold out this morning. Nice job getting out, way too cold for me.
18 degrees in Jan. with the same wind equals 18 degrees in Novemer with the same wind.
What I have done on really cold days is switch over to my Mt. Pedals and shoes. The shoes are bigger so I have room for a a bigger sock or, more importantly, toe warmers.