Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Trail running @ Griffey Lake

I ran two laps at the Griffey Lake trail today. It was cold (~29*), but w/ no wind, so it was bearable. The leaves have cleared so you can see the trail and the roots and stuf. Las ttime I was there it was fully fall and I about rolled my ankle a ton of times. So trail conditions were good. My legs felt heavy though. I would say it wasn't a great run. It's probably because I had the heater in the car blasting, then got out and tried to get going in the sub freezing temp. Griffey starts out with a monster climb, and on my second lap it took me forever to recover from the climb. Those who know me know I blame a lot on the weather (or Bush), but Bush wasn't there, so I'm blaming my crappy workout on the weather (unless Bush somehow is controlling the weather now too, probably bought a weather controler machine w/ my tax money).
Anywho, I plan to ride cross tommorw because it's supossed to be snowing in the a.m. and riding cross in snow is somehow fitting. I'll probably go to the stadium/arena. IU plays basketball tonight, so there may be parking barriers still up to jump. I shall see.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I'd say its definitely Bush's fault!