Friday, December 09, 2005

Ankle deep in snow

So it did snow. A lot. I'd guess 6-8" fell here. It was coming down hard and steady all afternoon. I was overhauling a Little 500 commuter bike yesterday and I left early when I finished it, about 5. I rode home in falling snow and about 4" of it on the ground. It was a difficult ride home. It's like riding in sand. More resistance and it makes you slide around. Can't lean into turns either. Plus there's only a couple of options in terms of where you can ride (in the care tyre tracks), so cars have to drive behind you and can't really pass. I'm not going much slower than they are anyway, I just don't like having cars waitng behind me. I said to Lindsay when I got home "if I can ride to and from work in this and stay upright, plus race cross in it, I'll be a bike handling superstar by Feb" that's the bright side.

No comments: