Saturday, December 10, 2005

Indy Cross Series Final

Raced the Indy CX finals today onice covered in 8" of snow. Riding, or racing as it were, on ice is super hard. The whole race my heart rate was under contorl, my legs felt fine and my lungs were fine, I just couldn't keep my bike in a straight line. I felt either drunk or like it was the first time I'd ever ridden a bike (or maybe the first time I'd ever ridden a bike drunk?). Lindsay said it was comical to see all these guys riding super slow then just falling over seemily at random. That's how it was too. We were riding crazy slow, then your front wheel would hit the edge of the snow and take you whever it wanted you, then when you try to get back on course, you slide on ice. It was a serious bitch. But, I did it and that makes me tough, right? I'll be even tougher after tomorrow's Bloomington CX race, right? We shall see.
I ended up 9th at the race (a few suprise fast guys were there, and a few of the dude's I normally beat rode very well in the BAD conditions). I beat my "arch rival" in sereis, but he still beat me in the series overall by 1 point! I ended up 3rd for the series. Not bad, I'll take it.

No comments: