Saturday, December 24, 2005

Outdoors :)

Yesterday John called the shop and said nobody "had to" come in today if we wanted to leave early for our holiday destinations. I opted to not go in. When I got up it was 38* and I decided to get in an outside road ride. It was in the low 40's and hella windy, but I felt awesome. I pushed strong into the wind and spun when it was behind me. I only rode about 20m, but it was great to get out on a non-freezing day. In fact, I was overdressed. I had on my under-helmet neoprene hat thing and a jacket over two other layers. I had to take of the jacket and cap and shove them down into the back of my jersey. I looked like a hunch back, but I decidexd I would tell any on lookers it was a speed hump. There were no on lookers, seeing as it's xmas eve and; like most college towns, this one is a ghost town. It's knid of nice because this is a pretty busy town for it's size. Everyone wants to live here becasue it rules. One more thing about the ride, and I know it sounds like a broken record, but the Rock-n-Roll lube stuff is the boss. My bike rolls better, runs smother and pedal better than ever before with this stuff. The guy who sells it is a total wacko (it took me 28 minutes to order from him over the phone because he wouldn't stop talking and not just about grease, about EVERYTHING [and yes, adultry is included in that]). But he knows his lubes and he makes the finest.
I'm gonna hit the road for home soon and come back tomorrow. Happy birthday tomorrow to J.C.

No comments: