Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Stadium CX FREEZING!

I rode cyclocross over to and at the stadium this morning. It was about 13* and snowing. No real wind though. I put in about 45 minutes. That's enough in this cold. The snot on the wipe cloth of my glove froze so when I went to wipe my nose more it just slid off. The water in my bottle froze, so I couldn't drink. It wasn't too bad once I got over the numbness. After that intial shock (about 15min, I'd guess), it wasn't as terrible as you may think. It was nice to get inside though (even we haven't turned on our heat yet). The last Indy CX race sis this weekend and counts for double points, so I don't want to slack this week on training. Plus Sunday is #2 of the B-Town CX Series, so I have busy race weekend ahead.Let's hope the weather holds out for us...
~~~does anyone else notice that the dominate theme in all my entries is the weather? Maybe I should be a meteorologist. They probably make good $$.~~~

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randy Lewandowski said...

Ah yeah, I kind of noticed your like a lot of riders I know, always looking at the weather. It tends to really drive my wife crazy because I'm either looking for the forcast on the web or TV or the Radio.
I give you credit for getting out there for 45 minutes. Funny how a 45 minute ride could really really be about 90 minutes if you consider the time spent dressing and laundry.