Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Windy outside

I got in a 45min roller spin after work last night. I watched 2 episodes of Boy Meets World, which is almost exactly 45min. Perfect.
I went outsdie for 35miles today. The weather is great, but it is super windy, up out of the South. All of the southbound sections of the ride were spent head down, grinding@, like, 16mph, until a southbound climb came around, which was spend head down, grinding @, like, 10mph wishing for death. I went out Bethl to hwy45, to Southshore Dr, acrros SS and in Old 37. It was an involved ride, as some of the descents were 35+mph, but there is sand and some slick spots on the roads. Plus I saw, I'd guess 10 dogs. None chased, but they always put me on edge. So between scanning for dogs, ice and sand, my neck and eyes got quite a work out too. I'm glad I was able to put in a good outside base ride. I think B-Town winter training is a recipe for fast. It's just as windy here as Muncie, only you're either being smakced in the face w/ wind or your climbing. Or BOTH!

No comments: