Sunday, January 01, 2006

Another windy one

It was windy again down here, but almost 50*. I did the same ride I did Tues, South Shor Dr via hwy 45. It was nice. I felt really good, overall. I came in a different way, which added on a couple miles, but I still finished the ride about 6 min faster. This was due to the sweet tail wind across SS Dr. I don't think I went under 25mph across SS until I hit the hills @ the end of it. The headwind was nasty on the way out 45, but there's enough three cover to make it bearable.
Something occured to me while my Ipod was on "shuffle songs" mode (my weapon of choice for longer rides): Billy Idol rules. It took only "Cradle of Love" to draw this conclusion, but he rules.
Also, I heard a Zappa song that parodys "Lucy In aThe Sky w/ Diamonds" called "Louisiana Hooker w/ Herpes." I'm sure you can imagine about that one; pretty funny.
So it's 2006? I hadn't noticed, that's what Regis said last night though. We didn't do much. We went to Sahara Mart (the most awesome international/organic market ever [w/ awesome prices]) and I weezed on the free samples of Olives.They have probably 15 different olives in these big ass tubs you can sample before you buy (or sample before you sample more). I got 2 1/4lb bags of some seriuos gourmet coffee. No freeze dried tasters choice, the serious gourmet shit. Should be good, haven't cracked it yet.
Happy 2006.
Oh yeah, that reminds me too of the horror I face Monday @ the YMCA. I've lifted in the winter for the past several years and had to deal w/ the dreaded "New Years Resolutioners." Urg! Oh well, they rarely last more than a week or two, then they're back to thier lazy SUV driving- selves.

No comments: