Sunday, January 29, 2006

B-Town CX #4

#4 of 5 in the Bandit CX Series today. It was around the tennins courts and Mellencamp pavillion on campus. That's next to the football stadium. The course went around the border of the practice field. It was very hard due to a few factors: all non-paved parts of the course were either under standing water and/or in deep mud or clay like mud. Add into this parts of the course going into a 30mph headwind and trying to do all this @ race pace and you have a hard day. Great workout, but a hard day. I ended up 6th, which seems to be about my normal for the series. The race itself was (I think) 8 laps and was 59 min duration. It ended up being 12.3 miles w/ just over 600' of climbing. That's pretty flat by all standards, especially B-Town standards, but when you're riding around a football field, it's bound to not be mountainous. My ave HR was 178bpm. That's just below my (figured, not calculated) lactate threshold. It was tough. We went to Ryans bike shop and hosed off the bikes, then I came home and went straight to the shower, as I was head-to-toe mud. I had to put my cloths into a box in the entryway of the apt. and cary them upstairs. Then I made some pancakes and sat around.
That's my day.
Two weks until the next CX race, which is the final. Monroe County Championships. I guess that excludes Matt Batton form the runnings, as he's from cloumbus. 1 down.

No comments: