Sunday, January 08, 2006

Big 'ol Shanny ride

Let's put it this way, I saw speeds that began w/ a 3 more than opnce on the flats. That's waht we called a "Big 'ol Shanny ride" in Muncie. It was crazy windy today. Me Ryan, Tim and Josh went out for 40 or so road miles. Man, it was a killer. We were hauling w. the wind/ rarely less than 25 (except on the climbs), an pushing super hard into it. You know it's super windy when Ryan is pulling into it @ 17mph (Muncie peeps will understand that). It was a rough ride, but it's almost 60* and super sunny down here today. It's an awesome day. I'm very glad to have gotten out. I'm 100% positive I'll have more early season miles living here than I ever did in Muncie. And if I put them in on RS's wheel, I should be an animal before too long.
We went to Siam House last night for Thia. It was good stuff. I got a veggie dish w/ pumkin, zuchinni, mushroom, onion and some other stuff w/ a triple chili sauce. I ordered it @ a 4 hot out of 5. Normally this would be un-eatable, but last itme at Siam I ordered a 3 and it was nothing. 4 is good. It's pretty hot, but do-able. A 4 @ Thia Smile in Muncie would be a flamer, but the scale is a little weaker here, it seems. So 3.5-4 is my new hottness for Siam House. Now, if we try one of the other Thia joints, I may have to start all over and keep notes on what heat to order where. It could get confusing. Maybe we should just stick to Siam House.Lins got the standard issue Pd Thai, because we had not had it from there. I snaked soem and it was awesome. I'm getting next time. AShe got it w/out heat, but I'm gonna have them turn it up a little. I'mlooking forward to our next visit.

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

"Big'ol Shanny ride" == Jacked up HR!!

Randy Lewandowski said...

With a little tail wind and some rollers it's easy to go look for the 53x11. Most people don't have that gear, but "I love it".