Monday, January 30, 2006

Changing the lifts up a little

I changed my lifting for this week. I did all the same lifts, but lowered the weight, did more reps, did them real fast and rested about 1/3 of what I normally do between sets. I normally rest 1:30, but I tried to do about 30 secs. It was tough. I realized about halfway through most of thie lifts that I probably hadn't decreased the weight enough, as I was struggling. This is probably good, but I don' twant to be all fatigued from lifting, nor do I want to gain weight. On the other hand, I didn't want to look like a wuss having to decrease weight mid way through a set, so I toughed it out. Hopefully I'm not sore tomorrow. I took in a little extra protien this am (veggie bacon w/ my egg sandwhich), so we'll see. I want to ride outside tomorrow, but it looks like it may a lttile cold early. If not outside, it's trainer time. Rollers are only on two-a-day nights now. Then it's eight outside or trainer. Time to step it up a little. It looks like I may end lifting a little beofre originally scheduled due to the logistics of the Y memebership. It ends in tow weeks. I'd really like to lift another month, but I odn't really want to pay for a month and use two weeks of it, so I'll likely quit Feb 10, instead of Feb 24. That's why I'm doing this super endurance lifting now. I'll probably do a lighter weight, but not high rep or fast week next week, then no more YMCA for this year. I can still do a few tings @ home, but as for real lifting, it'll be another one in the books.
I broke our vaccuum last night. I was emptying the bin thing and broke the clip off the bottom of it that holds it on. The vaccuum is a Eureka and it works really well and costed only about $60. I have a feeling the replacment bin will be to high to justify. We'll see.
Oh, I got Lindsay's Ipod Nano working w/ out getting frustrated enough to break anything! That's good.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Nice job with the weights.
If I can make a suggestion - I think you can do your strength work on the bike the rest of the season (as you have done in the past).
If I were you I'd go out at find some nice hills to do repeats and keep the rpm between 50 and maybe 75 or 80 but keep your HR down so as your working on strength and not LT work.

Jumpy