Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rudy's

I got my order of Rudy Proj glasses the other day. While it hasn't been especially sunny, I have wore them w/ clear lenses and dark ones on my ride to work when the sun is peaking out. I have to say, I'm impressed w/ the optics. Very clear/clean. I honestly didn't expect to be as impressed as I am. I had a pair of Rudy's several years back, but got sucked into the Oakley machine w/ their employee purchase program, so I've wore only Oak for the past, I'd say, 4-5 years. I was wanting new glasses, but didn't have a good enough reason for the investment (glasses w/ all appropriate lenses get's expensive) so Rudy's bro sponsorship gave me an opportunity. And like I said, I'm happy w/ the move. I've only tried on the Rudy helmet and it seems very comfy. It's not a fair comparison from my crusty old Giro Pnuemo, which has about 3 years of sweat, etc. in it, but it feels really nice. It has a little webbing in it to keep bugs out your hair that come throughthe vents, nice.
The temps have dipped, but no ttoo bad. Matt wants to ride looong tomorrow. Like 4-5hrs, which is 80-100miles. I'm not doing that kind of mileage yet and he's doing an Iron MAn in about 10 weeks, so we'll see what we end up doing. If we can keep the pace down, maybe we'll go over Nashville (~70). Hilly!

No comments: