Thursday, January 19, 2006

time flys when your sittin still

I really didn't want to ride rollers this morning. I didn't sleep well and it was probably nice enough to get out. It was about 38* when I got up and the sun was starting to show. But, by the time I got up and would have been dressed for outdoor riding, I wouldn't have had much time to ride, so I decided it wasn't worth it. Onto the rollers. I put in just over an hour, but it went by really fast. 3 episodes from BMW season 1. I don't know, I was kind of dreading it, but it went by fast; that's good.
The forecast for the weeknd has declined slightly. High around 38 Sunday now instead of 44. Wind Saturday. MAtt and I may be rescheduling, I'm not sure. I'll likely ride Sunday at least anyway, but I'm not sure if he want's to drive 2hrs for a 38* ride. We'll see.

1 comment:

Tim Green said...

Hey Adam. Randy gave me your blog link and have been reading your's and Randy's posts about everyday. Kind of motivates me to see other's who are nuts like me being consummed with working out and having racing goals, especially during the winter monthes.

I ride my rollers all the time now instead of my trainer. I feel more comfortable with that "real ride feel" Plus, it helps me keep my HR in the base training zone. I have a habit of working out at a high HR because I love that feel good feeling afterwards, but I know that is not good all the time. I now run atleast an hour or hour and a half 2 or 3 times a week and that helps the boredom of inside riding. Randy talked about getting rollers, but I don't know if he did or not. I think he would love it once he got use to it, or learned how to not fall off, lol. Took me about 2 weeks to be able to stay on mine. Now I can ride with no hands for as long as I want which has helped my bike handling skills a lot.

I recently just started my own blog and it's kinda neat to keep track of my training and to be able to go back and read prior posts. I think this will be real neat when I can compare this year with next year. If you want my blog link Email me at biketm42@webtv.net and give me your Email address.

Take care and happy training.

PS: I remember not that long ago when we were single bums with no really big aspirations, free wheelers, thinking working out and partying was all there was, lol....seriously, hope married life is treating you well.