Sunday, February 19, 2006

3 Hours!

My plan to ride outsdie was curbed today. It was 8* when I got up and the high screamed all the way up to 20*. Around noon I got tired of waiting and decided to ride 3 hours on trainer. This is the longest I've ever riden trainer. It sucked. I have to send props to those of you who regularly put in 3 hrs and put in 5 hrs for long days (Big Zach, MStein, Jumpy). I feel like it was good for me mentally to do it and of ocurse good physically too. I watched the 1991 tour that RS let me borrow. It was boring the crap out of me waiting for the moumtains, so I fast-forwarded through a lot of stages, watching the time trials to ge tto the mnts quicker. It was taped off of ABC in '91 by some local dude and for whatever reason, this tape ends right before they hit the hills (literally, the day of the first mt stage). So after that I turned on snowboarding, not Olympic, but some other stuff here in the US. It kept me occupied for the remainder. I really wanted to see this tour though, as I Indurain wins and I'm pretty sure it's his first. No one considers him an overall threat and he takes it in the TT's and mtns. Oh well, at least I was able to put in 3 hours.
The first ever Tour of California bike race opened today and it was an all American top 5. Not that I'm patriotic or anything, but w/ a deep international field, it's pretty cool. We'll see how it all unfolds over the next week. I'd like to see soem of the smaller US teams (Health Net, Colavita, Jelly Belly, Jittery Joes, etc) make some waves against the top international teams and athletes.
Rooting for: Horner, SoPro Jones, Tom Danielson (for overall).

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I really hate the going back and forth between "Should I ride outside or should I ride inside today". I've done it too many times to count.
Nice job on the 3 hour ride, it's never easy and I have to have some good racing tapes and/or music to help pass the time.

Jumpy