Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bad day

I had a bad day today. That doesn't happen too often as I'm so laid back. I went to the eye dr this am, which I was pretty pumped on since I have insurance now. What used to cost me around $90 should now cost around half of that, right? Wrong. It cost more. I went in fully expecting to pay $40-50 and spent $108. Insurance is the biggest scam going these days (period). You read: I pay the same, the Dr. just gets more. If you have insurance you get charged for things you wouldn't otherwise. They didn't do anything my other eye dr did, it just costs more. Medical insurance isn't a government regualtion (meaning required) like car insurance, but I'm still racking this one up to good 'ol Uncle Scam. So, my plan is to save my money >again< and buy an ass load of contacts so that I don't have to go back to the eye dr for years.
After the eye dr I wanted to get a ride in before going to work. It was around 40*, but no sun. My plan was to ride down hwy 446 to hwy 58, then turn around. this would be 40-45miles. I felt like absloute crap on the bike, so I turned around @ 45min, which makes a 1.5 hr ride. Stat wise I rode okay, but I felt terrible. When I got back I called work and made sure it was cool if I flaked on them today. They said no sweat so I stayed home. Probably not the best plan since I spent every penny I have on having my eyes poked, but I just wasn't w/ it today.
So spending almost 3 times what I expected to, which in turn took all of my stash and feeling crappy made for a bad day. It happens, I guess.

No comments: