Saturday, February 18, 2006

E-Z, Snow day and New Shoes

So it's been an easy week for me. I took it easy and only did two work outs this week. I slept in an extra 1/2-1 hour per day for recovery and I feel prett good. My back is still a little sore from MTB Wed, but physically I feel good. We were planning on riding long tomorrow, like over to Nashville, but it snowed probably 1/2" and is 7* right now. It's supossed to be sunny and warm up tomorrow, but we're going to have to play it by ear. It's going to be a cold ride to work today. I leave in about 1/2 hour and it's not going to be above 10*, I'd say. The streets don't look especially clear either. Not that it's THAT mouch snow, but still.
I got some new shoes last night. I decided that since my eye appt. will be cheaper than expected, I would replace my old shoes, which are some old Adidas that I used to run in and are starting to have holes in the bottom. So I went to shoe carnival vowing to spend no more than $30 for a pair. The only $29.99 ones thay had on clearence were either really small or really big, so I had to adjust my will to allow $35. I got a pair of Vans that should last a while. I figured since they're skateboarding shoes they have tough soles and hence should hold up fine to commuting, walking and spilling bicycle lube(s) all over them.
Could be looking at a big trainer ride tomorrow, hopefully not.

No comments: