Sunday, February 12, 2006

The End of Something

I know at least one of you (E.R.) got the title of this post.
Well, that's it for Cyclocross 2005. I know, I know, it's 2006. You know what I mean though. Today was cold. It was about 25* when I left to meet @ Soma Coffee for the race. Now (~3:15pm) it's 29*. Big warm up huh? Anywho I rode to Soma and we left for the venue (remember, only the person who set up the course knows where it is, so the course is a surprise for the rest of us). We end up going to Bryan Park, which is, literally, about 30 seconds from our door via bike. It was nice for getting home after we were done, sometimes I dread having to ride through town to get home after anhour or so @ race effort. Today I just rode the 16th of a mile to my door. Sweet.
The race was good. It was a good course. Like I mentioned, cold, but not snowing really during. It flurried here and there, but nothing big. Since it was so close to ur place, I called Linds on the way to the park and told her to come watch. She did and had a couple people to hang w/. Tim Cote, who's a strong rider crashed really bad yesterday and wasn't racing, so he was running laps of the course while we were riding. Linds rana lap w/ him and took some pics. The course itself was really rough, but pretty fast overall. Bryan park is a busy park, so we had to keep an extra watchful eye for people, dogs and 5-0. No 5-0's, but there were a lot of people using the park. We were trying to not make a bother for them, as we are totally illegally using the property.
I had tons of fun racing CX this year. I'm very glad I built up a decent cross bike and decided to race it instead of just commuting on it.
Cross Country skiing is on today from Torino. I like CC skiing. It looks hella hard. These peole are athletes; plus, the highest V02 max ever recorded was a CC skier. His V02 was 94! Plus almost all the athletes wear Rudy glasses. No wonder, as they're the best around.
Go buy some Rudy's!
Oh yeah, I got this handle bar mounted coffee cup holder made by Soma Fabrications (no relation to Soma Coffee shop here). It's a polished stainless steel band that mounts on a standard computer/light mount and comes with a stainless mug that fits right in it. They nrmally wholesale for $20.00, but I bought it from a dude who needed some dough for $10.00. I wanted one anyway and probably would have eventually bought one, so this was a way better deal. Now I can make a cup of tea and let it steep on the ride to work or make a latte w/ our Saeco machine and take it w/ me. Cool!
I'm taking a couple days off for recovery.

No comments: