Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nebo Ridge MTB

Linds and I went to Nebo Ridge to ride MTB this am. It rules, I can leave @ 8:00, drive over, ride the out and back, drive home and be at work by noon. Riding Nebo used to be an all day event for me, now I can bust it out before work. It was muddy on the frotn section of the trail, but after that it was perfect. I rode excellent. I was hitting good clean lines and riding fast. I felt awesome today.
I basically told Lindsay where to go and said "see ya." Since it's an out and back, there's only one trail and you can't really get lost. There's one place you can get off track, so I brought w/ me and dropped a bow left over from xmas there as her sign to 'go left here.' 45-50 min is fast for one way, I did a 48 out and a 46 back. Temp was in the low 40's and the sun was out. Can't beat it (unless it's about 80 w/ sun, but can't beat it in Feb). I was totally pleased w/ my ride.
I had to ride to the carwash after work tonight and spray off my bike, as it was filthy. So I got it cleaned up.
I plan to lift tomorrow and take off Fri and Sat. Then next week is back to bike interval time. Only about two weeks till road racin!

Oh and somethig else that totally rules: insurance.
I have insurance w/ my job here. I've been putting off going to the ey Dr. for about a year now becuase I din't want to spend the $$. Well, since I got insurance it turns out I pay only $5 for the appt AND my contacts are 10% off! So what used to cost me around $100 will probably cost around $40-45. That rules.

1 comment:

Tim Green said...

It is great to get outside and ride. I sneaked away from work early yesterday and got a good ride myself. Glad to see your wife riding too. I guess it will make her understand more your compulsion to train and race. It's awesome you can get your workout done before work too.

Yeah, Ins is a great thing. I need to go to the eye doc myself. I'm going to try and get contacts for glasses are a pain in the ass.

Tim