Thursday, February 02, 2006

Outside short(er) ride

I was kind of hesitant, but rode outside this morning. It was about 35*, but pretty dark when I left (a litlle after 8:30). I had a 20-24 mile ride planned. I didn't feel real good on the bike. i felt weak. Wehn I turned from the east bound leg of the ride, I realized I had been riding into the wind. It wasn't enough wind to rip flags off poles or anything, but just enough to make it hard. It started raining as I was climbing the Fire Station hill on Old Hwy 37. I know of a route that chops off a couple of miles, so I took it so to not get totally wet. This shorter route has a nasty climb on it though. I guess that's the trade off. So I guess overall I had a crappy ride didn't feel good and rain. No dogs though! That's something.
Oh and I just cleaned my bike the other day too. I cleaned the frame w/ Motorex Bike clean (the best bike wash), lube the chain w/ Rock-N-Roll Gold (best chain lube) and dropped Rock -N-Roll oil on derailer pivots and shifter ratchets (which are esposed on Campy). All dirty again. Oh well.

No comments: