Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sunday am

It'as Sunday am right now. Superbowl Sunday; great. That means to me that maybe if I go to the grocery store during the game, it won't be as busy. We'll see.
Last night Linds and I went to a restaurant/bar called The Encore Cafe to see some string band play. They were good. It was a four peice w/ mandolin, banjo, guitar and double bass. They played a bunch of roots music like "O Brother Where Art Thou" (Soggy Bottom Boys) stuff. They were good. We cam in and sat down and the singer/bass player said "howdy folks, got any requests?" So I said "how about 'Rocky Top.'" I figured that's a standard and they should know it. They did know it and played it for me. Good stuff. They're coming back at the end of next month they said and we'll likely check them out again.
I'm planning on riding 2 hrs on trainer today. I've the 99 tour tape and some Boy Meets World ready to go. It snowed a couple inches yesterday and today it's supossed to peak at freezing and be hella windy. I'm not going outside. I'll report on how it went either later or tomorrow.

2 hrs!
I put in a solid 2 hours on trainer today. The strong winds didn't seem to materialize, but right now it's 1:40pm and it's 23*. I felt really good on the trianer. I did 2 sets of one legged drills (that's one minute right leg only, one minute both legs fast spin then one minute left leg only, etc. for ten miuntes total). I did 2 climbing ints, that's hardest gear standing w/ cadence around 50-55. I did one for 5 min and one for 10 min. The rest was tempo spinning, cad around 85-90. I watched the mountains of the 99 TDF. As most of you know, I'm not a Lance fan, but this tour is off the hook. It's his first win and there are some great battles in the mtns. L.A., A. Zulle, P. Tonkav, D. Estabarille and others really duke it out. Good stuff. Those of you who are stuck inside right now on trainer, I highly recommen getting your hands on this Tour.

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Nice job with the 2 hours on the trainer.
I now have about 30 race video tapes. About 20 I've recorded and 10 are old race highlights from the last 10 years like Het Volk, Amstel Gold, and Leige Bastogne Liege. Good stuff but more importantly I get into a zone that I feel like I'm riding with them.

Jumpy

adamrodkey said...

Yeah, 2 hrs isn't much for some people, but that's good for me.