Friday, March 10, 2006

After The Rain

There's a swet 80's music reference for you.

Today it is low 40's, wet and drizzley. But, having looked at the 10 day forecast, I figured I better get out while I can. Yeah, the 10 is something like 9 days of rain and one day of snow. This is one of the two times of year that S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) grasps many people, me included, though to a more minor degree than some.
Anyway, I went out and rode my short loop ride, which is about17 miles with two major climbs and a roller or two. I rode super good. I killed the hills and rode the ride 4 minutes faster than I did it last Thurs. I felt great the whole time. It has on it one tricky decent. It is fast and curvy. I'm hesitant on it when dry, so I was extra cautious today. But, it was covered is debris from the high wind and 'severe weather.' Actually a lot of the ride had debris on it. I think it's rained like 2" here already and at the bottom of the hills a lot of debris has collected. I can imagine most of those hills being virtual water falls during the thivk of all the rain, then when the rain stops, or "after the rain," all the leaves, sticks, gravel and crap just stays where it was washed away to, the bottom. Navigating around the heaps was no big thing, but it's new to me to see that. Pretty weird, yet makes perfect sense.
Our Sunday itenerary is up in the air due to a few things. Josh wants to ride dwon here instead of in Indy. I'm cool w/ whatever, BUT it looks like more rain, so it may be trainer, trainer, trainer. Let's hope not.
Lindsay's on spring break from work, so we get to hang out every night this week. We'll get to have dinner together too. Should be good. She made this killer carrott/ginger soup a couple weeks ago and she's making more. I may have written about it already, but man it rules.
I left work early yesterday because it was dead and I was tired. I took a couple hour nap and woke up with a bad lower back pain. I went about my evenng w/ it and it still hurt when I went to bed. It hurt this a.m. too. I wasn't 100% I should ride, but did anyway. It actually hurts less now after riding, so that's good.
I cut my hair last night too. I was getting a little shaggy and needed to do it, but hadn't. After charging up w/ a nap, I had the energy to spend doing it. Good, I look better.

1 comment:

Tim Green said...

After looking at the forecast here, Sat morning looks good to go. I think it is suppose to rain in the afternoon....maybe different there though.

Will be on my mountain bike probably riding with Keelo. I think I will ride res loops because I don't trust my mountain bike going out a long way.

Have a good weekend,

Tim