Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cloudy+rainy=Computrainer

I did a 31 miler on the computrainer this a.m. It was raining pretty much all day. I set the compu up last night, anitcipating the rain. I chose a course that had two pretty good climbs, one of which is about 10% for several minutes. I spent about 1hr45min on it and it wasn't too bad. Computrainer is a far better way to get in trainer miles. Looks like it'll be compu tomorrow as well, so I'll just leave it set up.
The tornado sirens were being tested during my ride, which I couldn't hear due to my Ipod and the trainer. Lindsay woke up and came down to tell me the sirens were going off, but I had already read on the herald times online that they were testing them today. I was reminded of this because the siren is going off again right now. I hope it's another test.
Looks like this weekend we have a group forming to do a long ride up in Indy. My funds are low, so I can't race every weekend, as one race ends up costing me close to $50 w/gas/entry/and food. So me and Tim may drive up to Indy and ride 80-100 miles with Josh and Dan and some other people. We'll see. The weekend is supossed to be real warm, hopefully it's nice after these couple of crap days that are upon us now.

No comments: