Friday, March 24, 2006

Cold+rain+snow=dumpster

So I hard-headed it and went outside today. It was 33* and it started raining within 10 minutes or so. The rain turned into snow and/or little sleet things due to the cold. Wet is one thing (one crappy thing) and clod is one thing (another crappy thing), mix them together and it’s miserable. I set out to do 1.5hr, 4 hill ride, but cut to short to a 46min, 2 hill ride. It sucks, but what are you going to do? I’ve had a pretty bad training week. I blame the weather for it.
The plus side is I got an awesome new winter hat I got see in action. It rules. It’s a normal cycling cap, but made of winter material and has a flap that goes over your (my) ears and down in the back of the head and covers the neck. It is sweet and works great. I’ve wanted one for a long time, but could only find US Postal Service ones back in the day or Discovery Channel team ones now. I found a few killer wool ones one Ebay in past few months, but they went for from $35-$60, way too high for me. I found a Discovery Channel one on Ebay, and even though I totally didn’t want the insignia it had, I bid anyway, half hoping I wouldn’t get it. I got it for $22. They wholesale for $20, but not working at a Trek dealer anymore, I can’t get one for that. That is the one and only disadvantage of not selling Trek.
Anywho, this Sunday’s road race will be my last RR for awhile. After that I need to start riding MTB once a week or so to get my skills and handling back in line. I’d like to take next week easy, but after this dumpster week, I’m not sure.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I don't know if you can use the term 'Dumpster', as it's really a Muncie term. Okay, the weather really does suck, I guess you can use it.
I was planning on racing this weekend but I'm lying low since I can't afford anything right now including a whole new drive train.
Good luck Sunday, I really do like the race and the course. The real thing that I learned the year that I did was that it can be hard to move up in the groups since the road was narrow and the field was about 60 guys.

Jumpy