Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Easier, Shanny ride

Ryan and I rode this a.m. We went out and did "the Btoom loop," which is a loop around on Bottom Rd. This is known as the flattest ride possible around here. I didn't know the ride prior to today, but I'm very glad to have it in my arsenol now. From my house it's 33 miles, which is a little longer thanI'd like for an 'easy' or 'everyday' ride, but whatever. I have to get across town to get to Bottom Rd. The ride climbs just over 1500' in the 33 miles, which is alot compared to any Munice ride, but not much for around here. For the Muncie riders: it climbs about as much as Hagerstown, but in about 1/2 the distance. And I now consider it flat; I've been brainwashed by the hills. But that's good. We rode pretty easy. It was a good ride after yesterday's hammer fest. And this is a perfect kind of "default ride" to do also. Kind of like the resevior in Muncie. It's the default ride that you just go do. That' kind of how I want the bottom loop to become. We'll see. If the waether holds I want to do a mid distance tempo ride tomorrow. Ideally just under 30miles @ tempo. We'll see, it' supossed to rain.
Lindsay made some hella good carrot and ginger soup. I had it last ight fo rdinner and I'll have it tonight too. It's that good.

5: # of outside rides last Feb. in Muncie
7: # of outside rides this Feb.
~250: # of miles ridden last Feb.
~295: # of miles ridden this Feb.

Looks like, for all practical purposes, I'm in about the same place as last year. The difference: all of my miles this year are Bloomington miles. Bloomington miles=harder miles (more quality).

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I'm surprised that you got out 7 times in Feb. I think I was out 1 time the whole month.
Your right about the Bloomington miles being way harder plus that you had an additional 45 miles is vey good.
I think the only way to compare the two towns would be to compare watts or Joules to get the actual work load.
It's always good to have a flat ride just to spin without getting your HR too high plus it's a nice change of pace from the hill work.

Jumpy