Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fast or Warm?

That's the question I asked myself this a.m. "Do I want to be fast or warm?" I decided I would benfit more from riding than sitting inside being warm.
It was 29* (it was 71* yesterday) and super hella windy. I called Tim Cote yesterday to ride today. That was a good thing, because if I wasn't going to meet somebody, I probably would have petered out. We rode the Morgan-Monroe State Forest loop which includes the Beanblossom climb. I think that's the first time I've been up Beanblossom this year. Man, that climb's tough.
Anywho, we had a 360* headwind. No kidding. We had a headwind the whole ride. There was a small stretch of cross, but majority headwind. And strong. It was rough. Ryan is out of town so it was just the two of us w/ no Ryan Shannahan draft. No RS draft makes any ride harder, but especially w/ the kind of wind we had today. We rode hard and maintained an above 18mph av, which is pretty good for that ride regardless, but is really good w/ that wind.
So, super sunny, bitter cold and hella windy. A good ride though. I guess fast, not warm.

No comments: