Friday, March 31, 2006

$$!!; Getting better.

I was looking at the Ohio Valley Racing website for something and there’s a notice on the front page that says several people didn’t pick up their winnings from the Hueston Woods race and to contact the dude to have their checks mailed to them. As it turns out, it paid to top 8, so I won money, as I was 7th! I’mnot sure how much it is, but whatever, this is the first time I’ve EVER won money racing. I’ve been in prizes plenty of times, socks, t-shirts, a tube, but this is money. I’m kind of pumped on it. Makes me feel all pro and stuff.
Here’s my pro style shout outs- I need to thank Lindsay for being supportive and letting me use the car to get there, Josh for racing next to me, Tortuga for the kit and well wishes, Rudy Project for sunglasses and helmets, all of my loyal readers, and most of all, mad props to Allah.
BTW: That’s all a joke, I’m no that full of myself or whatever that would qualify as .
I’m feeling better today. My throat is far less sore. That’s after two days off of workout and extra rest (naps). I’ll do it again tonight after work (nap) and I don’t work out Saturdays anyway, so by Sunday I should be back-n-better. Yippy.
It was 76* here yesterday. And sunny. Man, spring is here, put the Gershwin on the turntable. True, it’s raining today and supposed to drop back into the 40’s-50’s next week, but that’s spring. Oh and Daylight Saving is tomorrow. This will be my first time ever doing this, so hopefully my routine doesn’t suffer. If it does, I figure it will be only for a day or two anyway.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Money, it's the only prize that really counts.
My first time I won anything I was racing against a jr. in the Minnesota State Crits (Cat 5). This kid jumped and I followed and we were gone for the prime. I took second on the priem. The kid rode on for the win and I blew up and went back to the pack. After the race the kid and I were laughing on hard we went for a mere water bottle preim.
Oh yeah, the kid was non other than Adam Bergman. He was on the Jelly Belly team until he got caught with the dope. I used to see him all the time on our Tuesday training rides. He is the real deal and when I rode with him I think he was maybe 17 years old.

Jumpy