Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hard (accidentally) outside

I went out solo this a.m. and rode the Bottom Road loop. I wanted to ride tempo, but I had a stiff headwind and was forced into riding pretty hard the way out. The ride in was cake, but out was hard. If anything floods down here, it’s Bottom Road first. It hasn’t rained in a few days so I figured it would be passable. It was. It was a good ride and I felt strong, it’s just so difficult into a constant, pounding, non-gusting wind. It’s like trying to walk and having someone standing in front of you with their hand on your forehead. I’m feeling good and looking forward to racing this weekend. It’s a "climbing" course, so hopefully I’ll have the legs. It looks like the forecasted snow has been omitted, so I’m planning on getting out tomorrow. Then short Friday, off Sat. and race day.

1 comment:

Gina said...

You are doing awesome! Good luck at the race!