Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hills and Wind

Temps were outside-able, but it was cloudy. Can’t have it all I guess. I got out and wanted to get some hills. The wind has been blowing stiff for the past, well, few weeks really. I had planned (via google maps pedometer) a 24 mile ride w/ 4 climbs. I had to get going a little earlier because I work at 11:00 on Thurs and Fri. It was a good ride and the sun came out about halfway through. I had to fight the wind for awhile, but the hills went well. I felt good.
I saw Ryan, Tim and Josh heading out as I was on my way in (they work later Thurs).
Tomorrow I plan to get out for about an hour and not hit it hard. Planned ride has two hills, but I’ll just spin them out. That is, if the weather holds. Who knows, it was forecasted to snow today and turned out to be a really nice day. I guess it goes to prove, ‘they’ still can’t predict the future.
I have to agree w/ Muncie bud Tim Green on his dis-taste with ealry spring weather. I have a brand new pair of Continental Grand Prix 4000 tyres I want to put on, but want to be sure I'm done riding inside first. They were free from the Conti rep. Free tyres that sell for about $100 rules. G.P. 4000's are supposed to be the best thing to have come along for a while and mine have 0 miles on them.

1 comment:

Tim Green said...

Thanks for the happy birthday wish.

Have a good day and weekend.

Tim