Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The race of truth

I am feeling the early stages of a cold. I was going to meet Ryan this a.m., so I went out. If I were going alone, I would have stayed in. I decided already I’m not going out tomorrow for some R&R (rest & Recovery [I don’t relax]). So it wasn’t the best day out, as my throat hurts a little and I have a little cough.
So Ryan Josh and I went out to do this time trial that a local guy has made a web-site for to track progress. It is 4 miles and broken into 2-2mile sections. The first 2 miles is the Pinegrove boat ramp into Lake Monroe. Basically, the first 2 miles are all uphill. Then the second 2 are flat, so if you can climb well and recover fast, this is your course. The deal is, being on the verge of sickness doing an 11-minute anaerobic effort probably wasn’t the best idea, but whatever. My idea was to go out and do North shore/South shore which wold have been a really hard 40-45 miler, so I was glad we did less time/distance, but w/ a hard effort. Although I won’t make anywhere near 10hrs this week, that’s fine. I have no races for a few weeks and should worry about not being sick. The Indiana Race Series Morgan-Monroe State Forest Time Trials start next wee, but those are peripheral, so again, whatever. MTB starts up in about a month. No worries.
Here's the link to the website for the Pinegrove-Knightridge TT:
http://colinallen.dnsalias.org/cgi-bin/pgkr.cgi
Note as of this a.m., I'm #1, as Ryan Shanahan hasn't posted his yet, he was 9 seconds to my better.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Maybe if you were not getting sick you would have been 9 seconds faster. According to my calculations in the first 2 miles (10,560 feet) you gained a total of 255 feet in elevation for an average slope of 2.4 percent.
Gmaps Pedometer rules!

Jumpy