Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wet/Windy (do I, don't I? do I, dont' I?)

One of those "do I ride, don’t I ride" days.
I did.
I decided I wasn’t going to ride trainer. If it was raining, it was back to bed for me. It wasn’t raining, but it was wet from last night’s rain. It was over 40*, but 100% cloudy and semi windy. I had planned on doing the Bottom Rd loop, so I did. It didn’t seem too bad once I got out. I felt pretty good and never really had a straight head wind. I’ve done a slight schedule change and moved my mid-distance tempo from Wed to Tues, and making Wed the hard day as Ryan doesn’t want to ride Tuesday. So Wed. will be the Shanny rides.
I got a good scare that really bummed me out and had me stressed all day yesterday. Lindsay called me at work and said the computer crashed and wouldn’t re-boot. I was thinking ‘great, either I need to come up with some dough, or we will be a computer-less household.’ I got home and screwed w/ it for about a hour, including removing the box and cleaning/tightening stuff. Well (obviously) I fixed it somehow and we’re good for now. It’s got me thinking about backup/upgrade options though.
The Race
I ended up 7th. These races pay out to top 5 and 5th, 6th, and me (7th) all recorded the EXACT same time (and this using timing chips, not the old stopwatch/camera method). So I guess, technically I won $$ (although it’s probably like $10 split between 3 people and they’ll give it to the person actually listed as 5th). But whatever.

Note from today’s ride, it’s about 35 miles, and I had to stop to pee 3 times. And I peed as soon as I got home. I rarely stop to pee and if I do it’s only once on, say, a 50mile ride. Plus my throat is a hair sore. Uh- oh.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

We had one of our huge file servers bite the dust here about a month ago. The real problem was not that the drive bit the dust but that we were not doing backups on the drive. Live and learn I guess.
Andrea and I bought a backup drive about 3 weeks ago. It's 250 gig and it was less than a dollar a gig. We've done a back up a few times but I still need to set up the software the schedule the backups automatically. I guess what I'm trying to say is that all drives, mother boards or whatever eventually fails!
I have my failure speech down pretty good as I have to explain this general law of nature to Andrea every time I break a part on my bike.

Jumpy