Friday, March 03, 2006

What a difference a day can make

Man, below freezing this a.m. Kind of a drag after the past few days, but I got out anyway. I wanted to do a short easy ride so I went and did the short Hoosier Hills route. It's just over 15 miles, so it's short, but as for the easy part, well overall it's not bad, but it has one huge climb in the middle of it. It's about the easiest short ride I know though, so it has to do. I just shifted into the 23 and sat through the climb. Otherwise I spun and treid to keep the effort down. It's been a real good build-to-sunday race week. A couple hard rides early in the week, then a couple decreasing effort/active recovery rides. Off tomorrow and to OH Sunday. Sunday's forecast hasn't changed much, still looking to be around 408 to lower 40's. That's fine, especially if the sun's out. I always get a little worried about these first road races of the year beacuse there are almost always crashed due to people either having not ridden outside at all and are sketchy, having not ridden in a group and are sketchy, or just getting on over their heads and get sketchy. I've been fortunate since I started road racing in about 98 or 99 and have only crashed once. (I'm knocking on my desk, which is wood or wood laminate). Let's hope for another crash free Ohio Valley Series campaign.

1 comment:

Tim Green said...

Yeah, good luck and have fun. That had to be cold riding this morning. Hope I get my bike back in good shape today so I can ride Sat with Jeffo and Jumpy.

Tim