Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Yeah, it snowed/Race Result

There was snow in the forecast. It snowed. I’d guess 4-5". I set up my bike on the computrainer last night anticipating this snow. I did a 34 miler on the compu. I’m actually kind of glad I could get out because my HR was low and I felt like I wasn’t fully recovered from Sunday. Anywho, it’s going to be an interesting ride to work today.
The Race:
I ended up 14th. That’s fine, as I said, I don’t feel like this course suited me too well.
AND, I meant to give props and/or shout outs to the house with the yard full of hillbilly’s out cheering for us during Sunday’s race. These guys were hilarious. They had signs made and everything. They had totally been drinking all day and made it seem as if they wait all year for the OVR to come to town. One in particular stood roadside w/ a beer hand-up every lap. It never got old to him. Nor did it to me, my hillbilly friend. Can’t wait to see them next year.

I'm guessing another indoor ride tomorrow. I'm leaving my bike on the comutrainer.

2 comments:

Tim Green said...

Good job Adam. I thought of you last night when I was debating whether to ride outside or not. I thought Adam would have his butt out there....so I did too. Thats whats kinda nice about reading others blogs, it's motivating.

Randy Lewandowski said...

Nice job with the race. I actually found that hill on my own about 18 months ago. I've gone down there twice now for hill repeats as it's about a 1 hour car ride down there. That hill does hurt and I need to head down there more often for hill work.

Jumpy