Thursday, April 13, 2006

4 Hill Thursday stats

I don’ t know why I feel the need to name my rides, but whatever, if nothing else it makes them easier to enter on my Polar training calendar.
So, the 4 hills ride is Thursday’s ride. This takes the place of hill intervals in Muncie. Basically it’s a 23 mile ride that hits 4 decent hills. I go to work earlier on Mon, Thurs and Fri, so I have to put in fewer miles.
Here’s the breakdown of The 4 Hills Ride:
Hill #1- Tibet (it goes next to the Tibetan Cultural center in Cascades park) this hill is just the warmer upper: .3 miles and gains 85 feet. Climbed in just under 1 minute.
Hill #2 – Simpson Chapel hill (Simson Chapel in the name of the road)
.326miles and gains 105 feet. Climbed in 1min 33 sec.
Hill #3 – Fire Station (it goes up to the Fire Station on Old SR 37)
.635miles and gain 170 feet. Climbed in just under 3 minutes.
Hill #4 – Griffey Causeway (southbound) (climbs out of Griffey lake valley back into town)
.488 miles and gains 165 feet. Climbed in 2 min 35 sec.
So the total feet climbed for the whole 23.5mile ride is 1240’. Pretty good little ride to get in before work.
Hopefully this killer weather holds out so I can get er in tomorrow. Friday’s the short day.

No comments: