Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Cold Solo (but try to make it hard) Wed.

Ryan and I had planned to hit it this a.m., but when it was 40* and my phone rang around 8:30 a.m., I knew it was a solo day for me. Ryan didn’t want to get out; too cold. Can’t blame him, it was damned cold. 40* feels really cold right now, but I wore knickers anyway. I had to wear gloves and an insulated long sleeved top, but I made it.
I did the normal South Shore route, but backwards. So instead of being west bound on SS, I was east bound. Either way you have to climb through Yellow Wood St Forest on Hwy 45 and it’s always hard, I think. I didn’t feel like I could find a good, hard, fast rhythm, but my stats were good. I rode pretty fast for doing that ride alone. Especially given the fallen temps. It was rather windy too, out of the NNW. With town and everything I averaged just under 19mph, which I’ll take given the circumstances.

2 comments:

Tim Green said...

Funny how 40 degrees seems really cold now, when a month or so ago we would wished for that temp. So much of what we do is mental.

Oh yeah, since Rizzo put lock tight on my loose spoke nut, it has been fine, and he marked it with tape to find out if is was the same spoke coming loose...looks loke it was.

Good job Adam

Randy Lewandowski said...

RYAN = PHYSCO

No, I'm just kidding about Ryan, I would not have ridden either. It was 40 but who the hell knows how cold it really is riding into a 20 m.p.h head wind.

Jumpy