Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hard Tues (real hard)

So normally Tues is the tempo day and Wed is the hard day, but it’s looking like rain tomorrow so Ryan called last night and wanted to ‘do it’ this a.m. instead. No prob. We went out and busted the Paragon Loop, which is part of the Hilly 100 day 2 route, but a flatter part between Bean Blossom hill and Mt Tabor hill. It’s actually a pretty flat ride all things considered. It ends at Bottom Rd, so you’re riding the bottom loop backwards to finish before headed back into town. I should have known when I showed up and saw Ryan on his TT bike that it was set to be brutal. Plus it was just the two of us, so there were fewer places to hide. Once we got going he told me he wanted to do some ‘speed work’ and wanted to hammer on the flats and dog the hills. So, on all flat pieces of road we’re basically going 27mph or so and riding the hills a little slower than normal. It was tough. We averaged over 21mph with the hills. That’s flying. Although I can take no credit, as I did 0% pulling and 100% wheel sucking. BUT, sucking RS’s wheel at 27mph is something in-and-of itself; at least that’s what I have to tell myself!

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I know when Shanny wants to go hard be prepared for some real pain. Most people can't even hang with Shanny so you done good.

Tim Green said...

Yeah...what Randy said!