Friday, April 07, 2006

I got out afterall

So / the missed morning ride, I ended up getting gout anyway. I wen tot work and we were absolutely dead. Weird considering how nice it was. As of 4:00 I would have had 40 hrs, so I jetted at 3:00 to ride. I wen tout and did the Pinegrove/Knightridge TT. It was super windy, but I didn’t really have a tail or head wind. Just cross and swirly (this should have been an indicator of things to come). I did the TT 7 seconds slower than my best, but I rode in shorts, short sleeves and no hat under the helmet. That’s full summer attire. Weird when I think that when I was out Monday morning I was in full winter gear. Anywho, as soon as I finished the TT the sky to the ENE was black. As I crossed hwy 446, I heard the tornado sirens going off. Right then I knew I had to resume hammering to get in. It’s about 20 or so minutes away. Lindsay called me and asked where I was as I was about to turn onto our road from 446, but this is about 10-15 minutes out still. I rode ultra hard to get in and missed the rain by a bit. There was serious rain, hail and strong winds, but I beat them in. Now the sun is back out and it looks nice. Spring, whatever.
I was thinking of racing the Morgan Monroe TT tomorrow, but I’m not. I just don’t want to pay $20 for 40 min of action. I don’ t mind if I have the $$, but I don’t, so no big loss.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Awesome you did get out! Just mentioning the sirens really does give a mental picture of what it was like out there.