Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday roller ride

I did the normal Monday 1hour recovery roller spin. The past two weeks one of my favorite roller riding TV shows has not been on. Baby Loony Tunes was on from 9am-9:30am, but isn’t anymore. Probably shifted w/ daylight saving or something. Anyway, this has forced me onto 45min of Dawson’s Creek. Whatever. I felt really good this a.m. I kind of expected to feel un-recovered. After about 3 hrs yesterday, partially into the wind alone, and walking for about an hour total, I thought my les would have some atrophy, but none. I am completely recovered. Sweet.
We walked to the IU Auditorium to see Mama Mia! It’s about 20-30 minute walk, but the weather’s great, so we hoofed it. We picked up our –comped- tix at the will call window and the face value was $42 each! The seat were great. 11th row, orchestra, stage left; for free. The show was really good. It had its dragging moments, but the musical numbers were great, if you’re an Abba fan, of course. I’d recommend this show to just about anyone, but some people I know would dig it more than others.
It rained hella hard during the show, but was not raining afterwards, which was good due to our walking. I figured if it was pouring I could have called the Shanahan’s to get us, but that would have been totally lame at 10:30 at night. We got home about 11:00 and neither of us had eaten, so we hooked up a small late dinner and called it a night. It was nice to get to go the theatre together and even better to go for free!

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Nice score on the free tickets!

Jumpy

Gina said...

Glad to hear a report on the show. Sounds like you two had a great evening!