Sunday, April 09, 2006

MTBing

The original plan was for a long road ride today until DP called and said that the Bike Line team was going to go to Brown County State Park to ride mountain bikes. I thought this would be an excellent chance to gauge how I’m standing with some of the top experts in the state. I was weary about going off road due to the rain we had Friday, but the trails were 100% perfect, couldn’t have been better really. And, as it turns out, I’m standing pretty good. I lead both laps and only felt like I was working hard a few times. There were a few times I heard things from behind me like "man, we’re not racing today" or "I was on my granny gear there" and stuff like that. That was very assuring, as I mentioned these are some of the top experts and definitely top 15 consistently. It has me pumped for the season. Racing is a lot different from riding, but I’m experienced enough to know how to race, so hopefully I can keep it together over the next few months. I felt great and rode really well. It was great to get out on the MTB to polish up the handling skills. And BCSP is the best riding in the state.
Lindsay was able to go and rode really well. She’s looking more and more promising for her into to MTB racing in a few weeks. Changing courses and changing conditions always are a huge monkey wrench, but she’s doing really well.

IRONMAN AZ NEWS

Muncie fast guy Zach finished 18th in the pro men field. That is awesome. 18th in a friggin Ironman!
Matt didn’t fare as well. He fell apart on the run, but had a great swim and a fast bike. He averaged over 21mph for the 112mile bike. That’s a long time to be going that fast. Great job to both of them (Zach averaged just under 23mph on the bike, that’s crazy fast).

So, I got a little sun on my arms (short sleeves!), got my bike over to the car wash and am ready for the week, which looks like it’s going to be great. Maybe some rain wed/Thurs, but it looks better than what we have been getting the past few.

No comments: