Friday, April 14, 2006

New Kit; Short Friday

I got my new racing clothing kit yesterday. It has been in for while and at the team captain’s house, I just forgot about it until I ran into him at the shop the other day. I’m not the type that feels like every time I get on the bike I have to be kitted out, but I wanted to wear the new stuff today to get a feel for it. The bib shorts have the same pad as the old one’s, so no surprises there. I got a medium bib, which is what my ‘last years’ are, and it’s fine. I got a small jersey and it’s perfect too. Everything looks great, fits great and feels great. All the clothing is Louis Garneau’s top of the line, but being and Assos guy, I tend to do most of my training in Assos.
I did the standard Friday short ride across Bethel, to 45, over Russell rd and back in 45. Nothing spectacular, but I have FINALLY gotten in a full week. Sunday has yet to happen, but I’m on track at along last.
We were woken up last night (4 a.m.) by hella storms. It was lightening, thundering and the tornado sirens went off. I was up for while, so I’m tired this a.m. I’m not sure when, but they did, at some point, change the criteria for setting off the sirens. It used to be a funnel cloud had to be seen, now a warning is what used to be a watch. Used to be a warning would last only a few minutes, now they post warnings for an hour or so. I’m all for better safe than sorry, but "they" seem siren happy to me.

No comments: