Monday, April 03, 2006

Oh man, soggy inside

I set my alarm for 7:30, as usual, but forgot to turn it on. So I woke up at 8:30. I figured ‘no dig deal, I can still get in 45 min or so of roller spinning.’ So I got some coffee, did my morning stuff and went upstairs to change into my riding (inside) gear. The twist: my shoes were still wet from yesterdays downpour. I put newspaper in them to absorb the water, but it was just soaked through and they were still wet. I wasn’t interested in putting on wet shoes to spin on rollers for 45 min., so decided I wold put on my new tyres, which I was going to do tonight. I felt guilty though, so I did a round of sit ups, just so I did something. I need to do a few tings to my MTB too, although I probably won’t be riding it this week due the rain that fell. It needs a few general things and a chain. I have a chain, so no $$ there, which is good right now.
I have the fan turned on my shoes so I know they’ll be dry. It’s supposed to be cooler tomorrow a.m., but sunny and dry so I’ll get out per Tuesday’s schedule. If I can come up w/ the dough, I may race the first of the Morgan-Monroe time trials Saturday. It’s $20, which is a rip for 14 miles of solo racing, but that’s that. If you want to do it, you gotta pay it.
My main Muncie homie Big Matt Stein is doing his first Iron Man in Arizona this weekend, so everybody be thinking about him. Big Zach is doing his first Iron Man as a pro in AZ, so wish him well too.

No comments: