Thursday, April 06, 2006

Raining (a lot), Going through the motions

Man, it has rained all day. All day. It stopped long enough for me to get home this evening, but I got soaked going to work this morning. I got up and got on the computrainer, but I felt like I wasn’t getting anything out of it. I was just going through the motions of pedaling. At two points, I had my eyes closed and my head resting on my arm and I think I dosed off. Needless to say, it was totally worthless. I went through those motions for 1 hour, then got off.
I won’t ride inside tomorrow. I may not ride outside, but I won’t ride inside. I’ll stay in bed. This rain sucks. I can’t get in a full week of training. Hopefully it will clear soon. I need (want) to be getting gin 10 hour weeks of about 160 miles, but I’m averaging 8 hours w/ around 140. Last week was just over 7 hours w/ just under 120 miles. That sucks. This week is looking pretty similar. Crap.
My bottom bracket was creaking a little so I pulled it tonight, cleaned it all out real good (remarkably, there was no water in it at all; 100% dry), re greased the bearing surfaces and put fresh Teflon tape on the threads. That oughtta do it.
Lindsay has some good leads on a few sweet full time jobs w/ the University in different departments than she’s working now. They are along the lines of what she wants to be doing, so let’s all be thinking of her in the next few weeks. .

No comments: