Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Slow, Sluggish

As forecasted it was nice and sunny this a.m. Cold though. It was 35* when I left, so I had to wear full winter gear. It was about 45* when I got in, so I was overdressed. I rode my standard Tuesday 33mile tempo ride, but felt slow and sluggish. I couldn’t get a good rhythm. It was windy, in my defense, but I guess it’s no real surprise I wouldn’t feel fresh after a) being sick for four days and b) riding 3 hours AFTER being sick and getting caught in the rain. So I averaged only 17.4, but whatever a tempo ride is dictated totally by feel. It sucks when that feel is crap, but again, whatever I got out.
Daylight Saving is kind of screwing me because it’s colder earlier, which is now not earlier, but the same time (what??). So when I leave at 9:00, it’s as cold as it would have been at 8:00 a week ago. That is a crucial hour this time of year. Oh well, it will be hot soon and I will forget all about it (until I’m ready for bed at 10:00pm and the sun’s out).

No comments: