Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Solo, sleepy, but hard Wed.

Wed is the typical hard ride for a few of us (Shanny included), however I was solo today. Ryan wasn’t feeling good w/ allergies and our usual wed 3rd, Josh, just had some surgery, I think oral. He is spending the summer in Italy w/ another guy we ride w/, Tim, and wanted to get it done before he leaves. That left me.
It hella stormed last night and I was woken up around 5am by thunder and stuff. When I got up to ride, I figured to my still asleep self ‘it’s probably still raining/gonna rain/too wet to ride, so I should just stay in bed.’ I did for about two minutes, then started feeling guilty. I thought ‘I better at least look outside first, then decide.’ It was sunny and perfect, a little wet, but perfect, really. So I rode South Shore, which is about 35 miles w/ just under 1700’ of climbing , not to hilly for around here. I wanted to ride hard, but it’s way easier to ride hard behind Shanny. Anywho, I set out wanting to ride hard and it was a great day for it. Not too windy, sunny and temps around 65*. I went out and hit the ride @ 19mph average w/ town, eating a bar, stopping to pee once and everything. That’s pretty fast for a 35miler down here. I’ve done this ride w/ other fast people and averaged just under 18mph (it was windy, but still), so I’m happy to hit it that hard alone.
When I got home I was locked out. This seems to happen about once a month or so. I have a spare key that I keep by the door to put in my pocket, but I rarely do. I’m a genius. Anyway, Lindsay left and locked the door, which is good habit, but when I don’t have my key it sucks. Today was the longest I’ve had to wait @ 2.5 hours. After riding a hard 35, sitting out on a stoop for 2.5 hours sucks, but I should carry my friggin key.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds like the perfect ride (but you should have stayed in bed and avoided hours on the porch... jk)

I took the 35 min nap today. It was awesome!