Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring is back

After summers grand entrance the past few days, it feels like spring again. It was 45* when I left this a.m., which is a significant change from what it has been. I had to dress totally differently. I even had to wear gloves.
Nothing exciting to report. Standard Tuesday tempo ride on the Bottom Rd Loop. It’s warmed up to 60* now, so I was a little warm on the way back in, but not too bad given I was just riding tempo. If it’s like this tomorrow on the hard Shanny ride of the week, I will be straight up hot, so I’ll have to try to plan accordingly.
Last night when I got home, I took my 35 min nap, started a pot of pinto beans, worked on Lindsay’s MTB (adjusted her brakes and made sure everything was tight/in adjustment), pulled the bottom bracket on my MTB (it was creaking) cleaned/greased/re-installed it and removed the lockout form my fork, as I find myself not using it anymore, lubed my road bike chain and put on new bar tape. I worked on bikes for, like, 10 hours straight yesterday; but ahh fresh white bar tape.

1 comment:

Gina said...

A 35 minute nap... that sounds wonderful. I want to start doing that. Does it throw you off for bed time?