Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wed hard ride

Got out w/ Ryan and Josh from BGI for the Wed. hard ride. We went out and did North Shore/South Shore. Basically 1) this ride goes around Lake Lemon and 2) this is the Lake Lemon road race course for the IRS race there later in the year. And we killed it. It was a perfect day; no wind, sunny and warm(ish). Ryan , must have been a little tired because on a normal Shanny ride it’s uncommon for anyone to do more than one or two pulls, but we were rotating between the three of us this a.m. That’s fine, he’s pulled me around plenty over the last 3-4 years. Anywho, this ride ended up being just over 40 miles from my house and climbed a little over 2,000 feet. We averaged 19.5mph, which doesn’t seem all that fast, but as Ryan pointed out to me, I’m still stuck w/ Muncie averages in my head. In Muncie, 22mph is killing it, anything between 19-21 is fast and 18 and under is dumpster. Here, as Ryan put it, 18 is rolling good and over 19 is fast. It makes sense as there are several minute sections (hills) where you’re going, like, 7-10mph. That doesn’t happen in Muncie. SO, we killed it.
Dan Daily, who runs the Indiana Race Series (IRS) was in the bike shop today and we talked for a while. I told him I’m excited about the Lake Lemon road race, the Morgan Monroe forest road race, the Morgan Monroe forest time trials and the IRS mountain bike race he’s doing this year. I’m sure he enjoys positive feedback. I told him it’s always a pleasure at his races because he’s such a nice guy. The guy who runs the OVR (Ohio Valley Series) is a jerk and people don’t like him. I told Dan this and he said "well, people don’t have to come to my races, but I get a lot of repeat customers because I treat people well." He’s right.
Looks like I’ll be able to get in the 4 hills tomorrow before the rain starts. Friday may be a bust due to rain, but hopefully tomorrow a.m. will be solid.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Trading pulls with Shanny...
I say maybe your going turn into a Shanny living down there in dem darn Hills.

Jumpy