Sunday, May 14, 2006

Braving the storm

…or braving the rain, anyway. It was raining around 1 when Ryan and I were planning on riding and Ryan had gone to do some work on their house. I decided I was riding at 2:00; inside or out. I went out and rode the Paragon ride, which is about 42miles. I rode into three (3) rain fronts and was completely soaked. Plus it was 52*, so I was cold too. I had my plastic rain jacket packed, so I put it on toward the end. It kept my dry(er) and warm(er), even though I was already soaked an cold.
Anywho, it sucked, the weather totally sucks lately, but I got in about 40, which is what I wanted to do. That put me about 1.5-2 hours short for the week and about 30 or so miles short. Given the weather, that’s pretty good I guess. It’s really starting to get to me though…
On the plus side, while waiting for a break in the rain this a.m. I caught the Ratt and the Pantera Behind The Music’s. They were both pretty sweet.

No comments: