Monday, May 08, 2006

Changing it up a little

I had to change my ride schedule around a little this week. The owner of the bike shop’s mother-in-law died over the weekend, so he’ll be gone for a few days and I am needed to fill in some. So I did tomorrows ride today, which is the Bottom Rd Loop @ tempo. I rode an easy hour or so yesterday and felt fine, whatever, it’s an easy hours. I finally slept well and got up an hour early to fit in my going-to-work-at-noon-ride before going to work at 11. I felt sluggish today. I didn’t feel good on any hills and felt like I was struggling the whole ride. No big deal, when you get as close to bonking as I did Saturday, it stays w/ you for a couple of days. The hard effort alone will take it’s toll, but throw a near-bonk into the mix and it’s a full on recovery issue then. I ate well and plenty (not good and plentys) the past two days and am feeling good, just not 100% on the bike. I am going to work at 10:00 tomorrow, so I’m going to take the day off, then go hard Wed w/ Ryan (I think, he’s still working on their new house). That’s the plizz-an.
I need to clean up my road bike tonight. It’s pretty messy form wet roads last week (or two). My MTB needs bathed too, but I won’t be riding it for a week or so, so I’ll get to it when I get to it.
RACE RESULTS FROM SATURDAY:
I ended up 30th out of 48. Not a great placing, but as I said, I rode good, but a lot of people did too. People I know I can either beat or at least be competitive with rode better than I did, or got better starts, or something. Whatever, still plenty of racing to do.
(I think I’ve said (written) the word "plenty" more times in this post than I have ever said it before weird)

No comments: